CLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS (2018-2019)
- BE PUNCTUAL: Students must be in the room before the bell rings or they will be considered tardy (exception: note from teacher or BGHS staff).
- BE COURTEOUS: When the teacher is involved in a classroom discussion or lecture, students should pause their private discussion until after completion of the topic (i.e. lectures, presentations, and demonstrations).
- BE DILIGENT: Stay on task.
- CLASS TIME: Students should not work on homework or assignments for other classes unless all current assignments have been completed and turned in for grading.
- DISPLAY DECORUM: Do not use profanity or inappropriate language.
- DISPLAY PRIDE: Take care of school property and do not waste school supplies.
- USE YOUR BREAKS WISELY: Students should use break time for restroom visits, locker visits, and water when possible. Students may not leave the room without the teacher’s permission.
((((Students must also SIGN OUT when leaving the room except to get water))))
- FOOD and DRINKS are allowed in the classroom (with teacher permission only)
- NO SLEEPING during class time.
- ELECTRONIC DEVICE USE:
“Each teacher has the discretion to allow and regulate the use of personal devices in the classroom and for use during specific projects.”
Art Classroom Tech policy: Technology is for education purposes only.
A. NO videos, video games, or social media….at any time. * It does not matter if you have completed your assignment or not.
B. MUSIC & MUSIC PASS: allowed while you are working on an art project only.
C. Electronic devices are to be kept on silent.
D. Headphones are to be removed unless you have a music pass.
E. Electronic devices are allowed for project research and photos (with teacher permission).
- CLEAN-UP: Students are to begin clean-up of work areas, tools, and store artwork and materials during the last 5-10 minutes of class. The teacher has the right to hold an individual student or the entire class after the bell if necessary.
- All students should follow policies stated in the B.G.H.S. Student Handbook.