CLASSROOM RULES & POLICIES:
- BE PUNCTUAL: Students must be in the room before the bell rings or they will be considered tardy (exception: note from teacher or BGHS staff).
- BE RESPONSIBLE: Students must bring appropriate materials to class each day (pencil, notebook etc.)
- BE COURTEOUS: When the teacher is involved in a classroom discussion or lecture, students should pause their private discussion until after completion of the topic (i.e. lectures, presentations, and demonstrations).
- BE DILIGENT: Stay on task. While working on projects (individual or group), each student should be involved with the appropriate topic or assignment. When an assignment is made, students must start on it immediately.
- CLASS TIME: Students should not work on homework or assignments for other classes unless all current assignments have been completed and turned in for grading.
- DISPLAY DECORUM: Do not use profanity or inappropriate language.
- DISPLAY PRIDE: Do not write or draw on school furniture (ex: tables and desks etc.) or waste school supplies.
- USE YOUR BREAKS WISELY: Students should use break time for restroom visits, locker visits, and water when possible. Students may not leave the room without the teacher’s permission.
(((( Students must also SIGN OUT when leaving the room except to get water ))))
- FOOD and DRINKS are allowed in the classroom (with teacher permission only)
- NO SLEEPING during class time.
- ELECTRONIC DEVICE USE:
“Each teacher has the discretion to allow and regulate the use of personal devices in the classroom and for use during specific projects.”
Art Classroom policy:
- Electronic devices may be used with teacher permission only.
- Electronic devices and headphones are to be put away upon entering the classroom.
- Electronic devices are to be kept on silent.
- When electronic device use is approved and appropriate, the devices may be used only for the assignment and absolutely NO SOCIAL MEDIA.
- Students may check messages during the last 5 minutes of class only.
- Fridays may be listen to music as you work with teacher permission.
- CLEAN-UP: Students are to begin clean-up of work areas, tools, and store artwork and materials during the last 5 minutes of class. The teacher has the right to hold an individual student or the entire class after the bell if necessary.
- All students should follow policies stated in the B.G.H.S. Student Handbook.
STUDENT SIGNATURE: _______________________________________________________________
- Having been read these rules and polices by your teacher, you (the student) have received your verbal warning.