To be productive in a digital environment one needs to work on improving your computer skills and knowledge.
Homework Submission - Student assignments will be posted in Google Classroom. Students are to post their work in a timely manner. I normally overlap projects so that students can continue to move forward.
- Learn how to use the Internet Safely
- Learn about the history of computers
- Increase productivity by learning the keyboard and conducting timed writings.
- students will chart their improvements over the entire course and be eligible to enter into a contest for prizes if they can reach 60 words per minute. (Sponsored by KBEA)
- Learn how to create documents using Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
- Learn Shortcut keys when using Microsoft Word and also for the computer and other software.
- Learn to create spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Learn to create presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and/or Google Slides while learning about your classmates, web 2.0 and Careers.
- About Me
- How to Create an Interactive Presentation while learning about Web 2.0 Tools
- Career Research Presentation
- Learn about file formats and web extensions
- Learn about additional technology & software
- iLife Suite
- Adobe CS6 Suite
How to Type - free online typing tutorials
Nitro Type - free online typing game that allows students to compete against each other.
Textbook: Century 21 Keyboarding and Information Processing - 6th edition, by: Jerry W. Robinson
Handout: Keyboarding Student Growth Goals
iGenius or How Steve Jobs Changed The World 43 min
Life Story of Bill Gates - Documentary 44 min
History Channel - The Invention of the Internet 45 min
Mark Zuckerberg: Building the Facebook Empire 45 min
Google Surprising Secrets (Full Documentary) 45 min
How Big is Google 13 min
Online Reviews using:
Most activities will be posted in Google Classroom and students will post their work daily for me to review and provide feedback. Additional Resources may be posted throughout the year.
Google Classroom codes to be used by Bowling Green High Students
1st Period Digital Literacy - pm7helr
3rd Period Digital Literacy - dvz7der
6th Period Digital Literacy - 1aqkae3