- to be able to use the tools on the toolbar and access those that do not show
- to learn photoshop vocabulary
- to learn to open photos in photoshop
- to learn to combine images in multiple layers creating collages, posters, and other graphic designs
- to learn how to create a mask using an image and text
- to learn how to add filters and effects as well as modify colors
- to lean how to touch up photos using a variety of tools such as the bandaid tool, cloan stamp, smudge and blur
- to remove redeye from photos
Atomic Learning - Login using your student e-mail as the login name and purples as the password. Choose Photoshop, CS6, and MAC then search for tutorials
Adobe Photoshop CS6 - Classroom In A Book
Adobe Photoshop CS6 - Manual
Quarter 1 Photoshop Assignments
Importing Photos in Photoshop
- Students will learn to take a photo directly from the computer using Photobooth
- Students will learn multiple ways to open an image in Photoshop
- right click on the image and the click on open with Photoshop
- drag the image into Photoshop
- click on File, Open Image
- students will learn to add and manipulate multiple layers
- students will learn to edit and arrange images
- students will leard to add text
Example of project that was completed:
Anywhere in the World - Students are encouraged to be creative in selecting an image that they would like to add themselves into.
- Learn to open an image/graphic in Photoshop
- Learn to open a 2nd image and extract part of the image and merge with another image (Introduce tools such as magic wand, magic lasso, eraser tool, quick select, etc.)
Step 1 Choose an image(s) that you would like to place yourself into
Step 2 Take a picture of yourself that will be able to be placed into the picture.
Step 3 Edit out the background of your photo
Step 4 Combine the two photos
- Brushes - Students learn how to download free brushes that they would like to use to create a background
- Mask - Learn how to creat a mask using a picture of fire and then masking it to the work Fire.
- Mask #2 - Create a 2nd mask of the student's choice of words and pictures
- Post Card - Students are to create a post card including a mask for the location name
- Recoloring - Students learn how to recolor an image
- Black & White mixed with color - Students will learn to take a full color image and duplicate the layer and then turn the top layer black and white. Then they will use a selection tool to erase one part of the picutre revealing part of the original image.
- Soccer Posters - Students are to select a soccer player and find a pictures of them and then create a soccer poster
- Liquify - Students will type their name and learn that they can alter the text with a Liquify Filter
- 20 Photo Project - Students will be assigned to groups of 4 and asked to take at least 20 photos 5 per student. Students are asked to look for unusual photos and to use different shots from different vantage points and distances. After students return they are to upload their images to the server for all students to be able to view. Once all of the photos are posted the students are asked to create a PowerPoint of 20 photos that they like and to give them a name.
Trust Poster - Create a Trust Poster for BBB