WINDOWS 7 ACCOMMODATION FEATURES
Windows 7 has several features that can help students to access the computer, writing tasks, increased visual access, etc. Some of these are:
- Speech Recognition (speech-to-text as well as the ability to manipulate the computer verbally)
- Narrator (text-to-speech)
- Magnifier (for your cursor, whole screen, etc)
- Sticky Keys (to allow keyboard shortcuts to be pressed one key at a time)
- Filter Keys (adjust for students who hit keys repeatedly or bear weight on keys for an extended time due to physical or perseverative disability)
- High Contrast Theme, Audio Descriptions, or Removal of background images to increase contrast - great for our students with high distractibility or difficulty attending to task.
- Text captions, or Visual Warnings - for children with hearing impairments or auditory processing difficulty
- Onscreen keyboard - for those who only have access by a switch or mouse
If you go to the Control Panel, you can answer 5 questions for the computer to make accommodation recommendations for your individual student(s).