Instructions from Apple
Instructions from Microsoft
iPhone 3.x software: Exchange ActiveSync Account Quick Setup Guide
- To add an Exchange account to your iPhone, tap Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then Add Account, then Microsoft Exchange.
- On the next screen, enter your
- email address [First.Last@bgreen.kyschools.us]
- server [m.outlook.com] (not listed at first)
- domain [bgreen]
- username [First.Last@bgreen.kyschools.us]
Your iPhone will now try to locate your Live@edu Exchange server using Microsoft's Autodiscovery service. When the server cannot be located, it will then ask for a server name. Enter m.outlook.com in the Server field.
If it is unable to successfully make a connection to the Exchange server, but you correctly entered your information, click save and continue anyways.
Choose which type(s) of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only 3 days' worth of email is synchronized. To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync.
Note that after configuring an Exchange ActiveSync account, all existing contact and calendar information on the iPhone or iPod touch is overwritten. Additionally, iTunes no longer syncs contacts and calendars with your desktop computer. You can still sync your iPhone or iPod touch wirelessly with MobileMe services.
If you are having problems, then please update your iPhone software first.