The Kentucky Department of Education has been informed by USED that the waiver for assessment and accountability meets requirements and has been tentatively approved. The state should receive formal approval in the coming days. As a result, Kentucky will cancel the administration of the K-PREP assessment for the 2019-2020 school year. (March 24)
Bowling Green City School front offices are open and available for business via online and phone communications. However, offices are closed to the public. To reach the district office, call 270-746-2200. (March 20)
Our Board of Education has approved a non-traditional instructional plan for the next ten school days. Schools and teachers will begin to contact students and families on Monday, March 16, to provide details about how to both receive and complete school work. By utilizing non-traditional instructional days, our students will not be required to make up the ten days, March 16 - March 27. (March 13, 6:00 p.m.)
- The Non-Traditional Learning Sites for all schools and teachers are available online: https://www.bgreen.kyschools.us/News/nti
- Bowling Green Independent Schools will continue serving students breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday. Beginning Tuesday, March 24, BGISD buses will make only one mid morning route to deliver both breakfast and lunch to families. For questions about delivery times, please contact the district office: 270-746-2200.
This week, March 23-27, both breakfast and lunch will also be available for pick-up from Parker-Bennett-Curry, Dishman McGinnis, the Bowling Green Learning Center, and T. C. Cherry Elementary from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Meals are available for all children 18 or under, however children must be present to receive a meal. The adult meal costs $3. (March 23, 3:00 p.m.)
- Students needing to speak with a Student and Family Counselor may call 270-599-1610, Monday - Friday, March 16 to March 27, 2020, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Information is also available on the Department's Facebook page. To refer a student for a non-emergency, complete this referral form. (March 16, 12:50 p.m.)
- Effective immediately and continuing though April 12, all extra-curricular, sports, and sport-activities, regardless of season, are declared to be in a dead period. There will be no use of district facilities, elementary or secondary, indoor or outdoor by any extra-curricular, athletic, or community organization. (March 13, 11:50 a.m.)
All Family Resource and Youth Service Center contacts are available via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone numbers and other contacts are listed below:
- United Way's Dial 2-1-1 provides up-to-date information on local resources in our community from food, housing, paying bills and healthcare.
- Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. You must reside in an area where Spectrum services are available.
COVID-19: What we know & How to prevent it