Families of students entering preschool or kindergarten in the fall of 2018 may pre-register April 16-20 at their home or preferred elementary school. Kindergarten students must be five years old by August 1, 2018 and preschool students must be four years old and meet income guidelines or three or four years old with developmental delays or disabilities.
Students who will not be five years old by August 1, 2018, but would like to enroll in kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year must meet kindergarten readiness standards. Interested families should complete the form linked here to schedule a kindergarten readiness test.
Additional documentation will also be requested including:
- A legal birth certificate or other reliable proof of age and identification;
- A current Kentucky certificate of immunization;
- Proof of a preventative health care examination conducted within six months prior to initial entry into the Head Start Program and another preventative health care examination within one-year priority to entry into the 6th grade;
- Proof of an eye examination between ages 3-6 by an optometrist or ophthalmologist, documented on the Kentucky School Eye Exam Form; documentation must be presented to the school district no later than January 1 of the first year that the child is enrolled;
- Proof of a dental screening or examination by a dentist, dental hygienist, physician, registered nurse, advanced registered nurse practitioner or physician assistant, documented on the Kentucky Dental Screening Form (This form must be presented to the school no later than January 1 of the first year that a 5- or 6-year-old child is enrolled.)