Families living in Warren County, outside the boundaries of the Bowling Green Independent School District may apply for their children to attend BGISD as tuition-paying students. An agreement between the two school districts allows state funding to transfer from the district of residence to the district of enrollment for a limited number of students each year. Families wishing to enroll in BGISD as new nonresident students, including siblings of current students must apply by April 15.
Priority for attending BGISD as nonresident students, shall be in the following order:
- Nonresident students currently attending BGISD (current students do not need to reapply);
- BGISD students who become WCPS residents on or before April 15 of the current school year;
- Siblings of current nonresident students who apply for admission by April 15;
- Admission of the remaining nonresident students shall be based on the following process:
- 60% of the remaining open positions shall be filled with incoming kindergarten applicants in order of the date applications received; and
- 40% of the remaining open positions shall be filled by students in grades K through 12 through random drawing from all applicants. (Siblings of students selected shall also be permitted to attend BGISD.)
Following the nonresident student drawing, all applicants will be contacted by BGISD. Families selected to enroll will be required to pay a non-refundable $100 deposit per child to secure their position as one of the Warren County resident students. The deposit will be credited toward the total tuition payment. Tuition for the 2021-2022 school year will be $500.00 per student.
Applicants not selected to enroll must reapply for the following school year, or have the option of paying non-contract tuition which includes the amount of state funding plus the non-resident tuition. Families paying non-contract tuition may re-apply to be considered for nonresident tuition the following year.
For questions regarding the application process, please call D. G. Sherrill at 270-746-2200.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY APRIL 15, 2021 FOR 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR.
Link to Application Located Here
Map of the Bowling Green City School District